Support Aide,REQ 27053,ED,24hrs.,7am-3:30pm,EOW
- Assists with preparation for patient's discharge (e.g., check belongings, get wheelchair & escort patient out).
- Seeks assistance as needed from appropriate resources and recognizes the need for emergency intervention.
- Promotes learning for colleagues and self, functions as a preceptor.
- Proactively identifies risk to patient safety and identifies opportunities to reduce medical/health care errors (i.e., appropriate reporting of errors/incidents).
- Identifies ethical issues and reports them to the RN.
- Reports in a timely manner to the primary RN the patient's complaint of pain.
- Transports patients to & from different areas of hospital safely and efficiently.
- Assists the staff in trasferring patients to and from stretchers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains and restocks supplies & equipment (e.g., gloves, oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, stretchers, etc.) and precaution carts.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports hourly rounding in the department.
- Incorporates the 4Ps during rounding - Pain, Potty, Positioning, Personal Possessions.
- Assists in maintaining an orderly, clutter-free and clean environment.
- Aheres to Infection Control policies.
- Deliver and pick up of supplies, meds, labs, etc. to and from other departments.
Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Frequently reaches (extending hands and arms in any direction), and handles (seizing, holding, grasping, turning, or working with hands). Occasionally stoops (bending the body downward and forward by bending the spine at the waist), and kneels (bending the legs at the knee to come to rest on knee or knees).