Location: Morton Hospital
Posted Date: 12/9/2019
A Surgical Technician is a member of the patient care team, who is assisting under the direct supervision of the surgeon while at the same time providing assistance to the physician performing surgery.
- Assisting the surgical team in providing quality patient care.
- Demonstrating knowledge of as well as supports the philosophy and objectives of the department.
- Promotes effective communications between surgeon and staff.
- Ensure adequate supplies and is knowledgeable in operation of equipment and instrumentation.
- Cooperates with charge nurse and OR Manager in working toward common departmental goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the responsibilities of a team member.
- Perform other departmental duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Completes work assignments within an acceptable time frame.
- Uses time and resources to the best possible advantage for successful completion of job responsibilities.
- Develops and maintains efficient working relationships.
- Is reliable in respect to attendance.
- Is Reliable in respect to punctuality.
- Recognizes the importance of team efforts and partners with others to achieve positive outcomes.
- Is responsible for ongoing development of his/her work skills through the use of available resources (i.e.: in-services, formal educational programs, other work groups and on-the-job training).
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and in-services and/or reviews documentation as required.
- Assists in the orientation of others and actively participates in mentoring.
- Performs analytical and decision making functions with minimal supervision.
- Recognizes and seeks assistance/consultation when appropriate.
- Demonstrates an understanding of relative Hospital and all-departmental policies and procedures including safety issues.
- Possesses awareness of programs/services provided by Hospital and where they are located.
- Education: High School education or equivalent preferred. Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program.
- Certification/Licensure: Certified as a Surgical Technologist preferred.