- Prepare the operating room before surgery, assist the doctors during the surgery itself, take care of the patient immediately after the operation and prepare and restock the operating room for the next surgery.
- Set up instruments and equipment, prepare patients for surgery, assist the surgical team with preparations, pass instruments to doctors during surgery, assist in minor surgical tasks, use diagnostic equipment, tend to patient after surgery, reset and restock operating room.
- Work under the supervision of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
- Possess expertise in the theory and application of sterile and aseptic technique and combine the knowledge of human anatomy, surgical procedures, and implementation tools and technologies to facilitate a physician's performance of invasive therapeutic and diagnostic procedures.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technologists preferred
- One to two years as a surgical technologist preferred
- CST preferred
**Sign on bonus:
Surgical Technicians with previous Surgical Tech experience (At least 1 Year):
$5,000.00 ($2,500 after six months; $2,500 after one year of employment)
**Internal/Rehires are excluded from this offer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4081