Therapeutic Group Coordinator - FT 32 Hours
Job Summary: The Therapeutic Group Coordinator, under the direct supervision of the nurse manager and collaborating with the program director, assists with therapy, evaluation, and treatment of patients in individual and group settings. The Therapeutic Group Coordinator will also assist with the daily therapeutic programming and activities of the Geriatric Psychiatric Unit.
- Facilitate therapeutic group programming under the supervision of the nurse manager and collaboration with program director
- Development of schedule, and adding groups as population requires
- Adhere to the current schedule using performance metrics to guide documentation
- Modify activities as needed for patients during group sessions
- Provides education to staff regarding appropriate documentation in medical record and assist with Quality Improvement Plan as necessary
- Provide 1-1 treatments/interventions as necessary for patients unable to attend group sessions
- Participate in interdisciplinary team meetings
- Establish and maintain effective therapeutic and working relationships
- Receives continuing education required for job function as credentialing requires
- Delegate responsibilities to staff to complete group requirements after guidance by nurse manager and program director
- Ability to complete and maintain accurate and timely documentation of progress notes/treatment records
- Ability to plan and direct groups designed for needs of the geriatric psychiatric population
- Ability to assess the quality and appropriateness of care in accordance to professional/medical center standards of care
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, providers, patients/families
- Prior experience with Meditech software; MS Outlook & Word.
- Education: Associates Degree in related field; Bachelors Degree preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of related inpatient psychiatric experience preferred.
- Certification/Licensure: BLS/CPR Certification
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 12323