Therapy Tech - Registered,REQ 27056,40hrs,8:30-5pm
Radiation Therapists share weekend call. Carry a beeper when on call. Cover there is an emergency case over the weekend
Accurately delivers a prescribed course of radiation treatment on all available machines. Verify patient identification, daily prescription, treatment area, parameters, and beam modifiers. Confirm any change in treatment (MU, field size, beam modifiers) before treatment is delivered.
Charts daily dose correctly and legibly. Identifies treatment days missed, additional procedures, and any changes to treatment. Obtains field photos, completes field set up details, and field information on treatment record.
Explains simulation and treatment procedure to patient, means of communication, procedure to follow if emergency should arise, treatment schedule including physician to be seen day. Participate in patient education reinforcing Physicians' orders regarding reactions to treatments and care.
Obtains weekly portals for physician review. Repeats any films with changes the next treatment day.
Observes radiation safety for patients and personnel. Notifies Physician, Physicist and Chief Therapist of any discrepency in dose, plan set up, or machine failures. Is aware of critical organ dose in treatment field and questions appropriately.
Performs daily warm up and safety checks on all machines before first patient treatment. Reports any discrepancies to Physicist and Chief Therapist.
Schedules appropriate simulation for reduced fields allowing sufficient time to plan next course.
Participates in the education of Radiation Therapy students. Provides a role model consistently demonstrating professional solid work ethic, communication skills, and respect for all members of the department to assure a solid team effort.
Maintains accurate and complete daily billing sheets and navigator data. Maintain schedule of patients both on and off treatment (i.e.: break).
Maintains current state licensure and national registration maintaining continuing education requirements.
- Graduate of certified radiation therapist program; state licensure and ARRT registration or New Grads that are Board eligible.
- Proficient operating IMPAC including treatment, billing, and scheduling; proficient operating treatment equipment including simulator.
- Able to accurately deliver treatment and simulation including all paperwork.
- Able to identify critical organs and dose tolerance in treatment field.
- Proficient treating emergency cases including dose calculation when necessary. Able to compare and verify calculation, isodose plan, treatment parameters to treatment prescription.