Davis Hospital and Medical Center is a 225-bed facility that opened in 1976 and has grown over the years to become a first class medical facility. By offering a broad range of healthcare services, advanced medical technology and a comfortable, convenient patient experience, Davis has become the hospital of choice for its community. The hospital’s highly skilled doctors and experienced nurses keep a relentless focus on quality and constantly maintain their commitment to patient well-being and satisfaction. Some of our area of expertise include: Emergency Services, Cardiac Care, Women’s Health, Diagnostic Imaging, Rehabilitation Services, Surgical Services, and Behavioral Health.
Under the general direction of the Emergency Services Director, the Trauma Registrar is accountable for prioritizing and coordinating the activities for the Trauma Registry in order to meet schedules and deadlines, maintains current and accurate procedures and practices. The incumbent performs a variety of functions to support the collection and coordination of Trauma Performance Improvement statistics with emphasis on data entry into a comprehensive computerized management system. The registrar collects trauma data for injury research and prevention, as well as, quality improvement tracking and assures accuracy and confidentiality in the handling of all Trauma Registry related matters and is concerned with and active in the improvement of the Trauma Program within the facility. All duties must be accomplished in a manner that is consistent with the Mission and Vision of Davis Hospital. This position may perform clerk duties at the Emergency Department Nursing Station, while functioning as the focal communication source. Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support (CPR) American Red Cross or American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Certification, CPI and COAP Certifications required within ninety (90) days from hire.
- Previous experience in clerical positions, hospital experience, or has completed equivalent training program
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Must have knowledge of ICD-10 Coding and Medical Terminology
-Trauma experience highly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills is mandatory
Steward Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
“Davis Hospital and Medical Center is directly or indirectly owned by an entity that proudly includes physician owners, including certain members of the hospital's medical staff.”