Ultrasonographer REQ #1962
Posted Date: 11/20/2019
Perform ultrasound procedures as a member of our healthcare team acting in the best interest of the patient in a genera/vascular ultrasound department on newborn, infant, child, adult, and geriatric patients as required by a physician under the supervision of the Ultrasound Section Leader and the direction of a Radiologist. Responsible for rotational on-call and holiday coverage.
- Upholds the standards set down by the RDMS regarding diagnostic procedures and professional ethics.
- Must be able to make independent judgment and problem solving methods to produce high quality diagnostic information and optimize patient care.
- Demonstrated clinical competence required for a general ultrasound lab including and not limited to small parts, abdominal, OBGYN, breast, invasive procedures, arterial and venous extremities, carotids and neurosonography.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Readily adapts to change and welcomes new approaches when circumstances demand it.
- Ability to make timely and appropriate decisions in the face of conflicting demands and interests.
- Willingness to provide exceptional patient care.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree desired.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Medical Sonography.
- Must hold a valid BCLS certificate and at least one registration by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Physical Requirements: Exerts up to 40 pounds of force frequently by reaching, pulling and/or pushing frequently to manipulate patients from stretchers and/or wheelchairs. Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally by reaching, pulling and/or pushing equipment. Frequently reaches above head to manipulate equipment, occasionally bending to lift objects. Prolonged standing/walking
- Preferred: Current RDMS certifications with 1-2 years hospital experience Breast, obs., general, small parts and vascular experience.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1962