Ultrasound Tech - Full time, Days
Under the advisory supervision of the Director of Imaging Services, shall be responsible for the performance of technical procedures as outlined in the Ultrasound Department Procedure manual.
Director, Imaging Services (All staff and supervisory technologists are accountable to the Radiologist for medical direction.)
ARDMS Registry in Ultrasound Specialty and/or current ARRT Registered certification in Sonography with RT(S) designation.
1. TEAM WORK
A. Involves other departments in project planning and implementation.
B. Is supportive of others and provides help and assistance when possible.
C. Regularly attends and participates in team and/or department meetings and work activities.
D. Keeps others informed.
E. Regularly offers and requests constructive feedback and coaching.
F. Establishes and maintains effective working relations.
G. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Adjusts schedule as necessary in view of fluctuation in workload
H. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
I. Reports to work on time and returns promptly from breaks. Provides proper advance notification for vacation absence or tardiness.
J. Observes hospital policies regarding smoking, telephone use, web mail and Internet usage, and other rules governing conduct in the workplace.
K. Limits personal phone calls to urgent and emergency situations. Limits communication and activity during regularly scheduled shifts to business related
2. SERVICE EXCELLENCE (both internal and external)
A. Welcomes patients and customers in a warm, friendly manner.
B. Actively listens and constructively responds to questions and concerns in a timely manner.
C. Ensures the dignity of patient /customer is maintained at all times.
D. Maintains patient confidentiality (HIPPA Guidelines) at all times.
E. Abides by and upholds Hospital Service Excellence Standards.
F. Respects the diversity of the patient/customer population (i.e., ages and culture).
G. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent the transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
H. Demonstrates knowledge of Growth and Development in patient interactions.
I. Complete annual Mandatory Safety Fair via Net Learning.
1. Operates ultrasound equipment used in the performance of all standard ultrasound procedures as outlined in the procedure manual.
2. Has ability to demonstrate anatomic structures based upon knowledge of patient / equipment positioning and upon the principles of cross-sectional anatomy and ultrasound physics.
3. Performs and records equipment quality control checks daily according to JCAHO standards. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.
4. Performs routine and interventional procedures as directed by the Radiologist and as outlined in the procedure manual.
5. Makes every effort to protect patient privacy, ensures patient comfort and provides quality patient care. Monitors patient’s condition and observes IV and O2 apparatus. Follows Safety and Infection Control Guidelines.
6. Ensures that procedure rooms are kept clean and properly stocked. Able to perform all clerical procedures.
7. Rotates weekend and shift change duty as required. Assumes an appropriate share of on-call duty for emergency examinations.
8. Utilizes appropriate measures to prevent transmission of infectious disease. Washes hands appropriately.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed and demonstrates flexibility in response to reassignments.
10. Demonstrates safe and effective use of equipment.