High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Responsibilities: Transcribe doctors orders, assemble and organize medical records. Communicate well with staff and patients. Good telephone and data entry skills required.
Functions as a member of the treatment team in management of patients and milieu.
- Functions as the communication person by answering the telephone, forwarding calls and taking messages.
- Refers all sick calls to the manager and makes staff replacement calls as directed. Updates schedules with changes.
- Maintains open communication with the Triage / Admissions regarding admissions, transfers and discharges of patients.
- Assembles and organizes the medical record according to policies and procedures.
-Enters patient information and prints reports from the MediTech EMR.
- Files diagnostic and lab reports in appropriate charts.
- Monitors the location of patients' charts.
- Compiles information needed for patient transfer to another location or facility.
-Coordinates patient transportation as requested by nurse.
-Prepares chart for medical records department upon discharge of the patient
- Assists the nursing and counseling staff to procure current and pertinent patient education and discharge planning information from the Internet.
- Activates the Emergency Code system as instructed by the clinical staff.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 4970