Unit Secretary I, full time, evenings
Location: New England Sinai Hospital
Posted Date: 5/6/2020
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITY:
The Unit Secretary I is responsible for supporting the overall functionality of a patient care unit under the supervision of the Nursing Director or Charge Nurse.
- High School Graduate.
- One year experience as Medical or Unit Secretary.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and educational skills.
- Ability to direct and coordinate clerical activities 7 days per week.
- Competency in computer applications used in the healthcare setting.
- Assures courteous treatment of patients, families, staff, and visitors.
- Responds to patient call lights and coordinates follow-up as needed with RN.
- Maintains neat and organized appearance of nurses’ station, including keeping keyboards cleaned.
- Courteously receives, greets, and assists visitors, patients, consulting staff, etc.
- Receives all incoming phone calls, takes necessary action, or directs messages as indicated.
- Assists patients with personal requests (i.e., phone calls, reading mail, accessing personal funds, etc.).
- Communicates with host hospital departments to obtain services for patients (i.e., dietary, lab, radiology, etc.).