Unit Tech - Part Time, 2p-10:30p
Responsible to Trumbull Regional Medical Center for supporting the corporate mission, vision and values. Responsible to Nursing Department for assisting the nursing staff by performing specific patient care activities, unit order activities and all clerical functions performed on the unit. Responsible to the customer for courteous, accurate, timely service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND MAJOR DUTIES
- Acts as a liaison between patient, hospital personnel, visitors and ancillary departments.
- Performs all clerical functions on the unit.
- Provides direct patient care as a member of a collaborative team.
- Performs indirect patient care functions on the unit as a member of a collaborative team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work assignments that may be inherent in the job.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school graduate or GED required. Technical or vocational training in secretarial skills required. Vocational or technical training as a nursing assistant preferred. Previous two years experience as a unit technician or related duties preferred.
LICENSURE, REGISTRATION AND/OR CERTIFICATION
Heartsaver certification required and maintained or obtained within 30-days of original job date.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSBroad knowledge in secretarial skills and medical terminology.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 13546