Vice President, National Performance Operations
Position Purpose: Reporting to the President, MSO, this position is a key member of the senior leadership team, who directs and oversees training and field work related to Steward Health Care Network’s risk contract and plan performance in provider practices. The Vice President of National Performance Operations oversees performance and operations related initiatives including, but not limited to, Risk Adjustment, Patient and Member Experience, Quality, Provider Enrollment and Credentialing, and Referral Management and provides support to clinical integration initiatives and medical management initiatives. This role also provides consultation to contracting for upcoming contract negotiations. This position provides Steward Health Care Network’s informatics team with business and strategic guidance on necessary data integration initiatives and ensures data can be used to drive performance in the areas which fall under practice performance in risk contracts or health plans.
- Responsible and accountable for national performance in risk contracts and plans related to population health initiative and cross-business unit collaboration to scale Performance Operations nationally in support of growth in all current and future regions.
- Advances Steward’s strategic vision for driving performance in a value based care model across multiple revenue streams.
- Accountable for the Performance Operations profit and loss statement, ensuring activities are performed in a cost effective productive, and timely manner, while still achieving the overall mission and values of the organization.
- Develops and implements the overall strategy, measurement and reporting, as well as identification of risks and mitigation plans to achieve budgeted performance.
- Oversees and is accountable for national operations related to performance in risk contracts and health plans and programs to attain budgeted revenue and achieve Steward value.
- Plays a key role as a liaison between the network, Steward and non-Steward hospitals, SMG and health plans.
- Provides knowledge, expertise and support of cross functional initiatives by working in conjunction with other members of the senior and executive leadership teams, and demonstrates and in-depth understanding and execution of the strategies needed regarding how these initiatives are dependent on the performance teams to drive performance as well as the indirect impact.
- Identifies areas of Network improvement to drive performance beyond current workflows and collaborates with appropriate team members and across teams to facilitate and support implementation of such initiatives. Oversees development, integrity testing, tracking, and maintenance of all available patient experience and risk adjustment dashboards that display performance information related to current contracts.
- Responsible for successful scaling and implementation of risk contract initiatives nationally.
- Collaborates and leads local market teams to ensure practices effectively meet contractual performance requirements.
- Collaborates and leads internal and external stakeholders to develop comprehensive, timely, valid reports and presentations on clinical care quality, health and risk status, referral management and patient experience opportunities within the SHCN patient populations.
- Collaborates with vendors and internal teams to ensure clinical and claims data quality and accuracy as well as data flow to all quality tools and dashboard through implementation of effective audit and data management practices.
- Supports efforts to select and implement optimal analytic software in support of data analysis and data management.
- Develops and utilizes appropriate project tracking systems and processes to manage the supply and demand of analytic resources.
- Provide steady and effective mentorship of direct reports with on-going communication and feedback. Creates a bench strength of staff with a focus on succession planning and employee development.
- Provides excellent communication with all customers, interacting with Medical Directors, Corporate IT staff and management, SHCN staff and leadership, payers, and other external constituents while meeting their information and reporting needs.
Education / Experience / Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
Years of Experience:
- At least ten years of experience in the health care industry in a leadership role.
- Experience in health care management and process improvement skills (LEAN, Six Sigma, or equivalent) preferred.
- Proficiency in computer and technology utilization required, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Products.
- Work-related knowledge of risk adjustment, patient experience and access center concepts.
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to manage complex projects through effective planning, tracking, and resource allocation to meet business objectives and timelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to relate positively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Ability to mentor and train staff in all aspects of their role.
- A history of creativity and flexibility as a self-motivated professional with sound judgment.
- At least 50% national travel is required in this role
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5639